Miitomo Customer Support Ends
Nintendo have finally ended the customer support from within the Miitomo app. The service had previously ended on 09 May 2018.
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo’s first mobile game Miitomo has come to an end after just two years, and is now inaccessible other than a Customer Support screen. Nintendo thanked all for playing and “hope to go on to even bigger and better things in the future with Nintendo”.
● Nintendo outlined plans for the paid Nintendo Switch Online subscription service beginning September 2018 offering 20 online-enabled Famicom games, plus finally save data cloud backup. Virtual Console is not planned for the console. Go here for all the known games.
● A Sanrio Characters Splatfest was announced for Japan, beginning on 19-20 May with Hello Kitty vs. Cinnamoroll, then 26-27 May with My Melody vs. Pompompurin, with the final on 9-10 June. Check out the artwork and the (physical) T-shirts here.
● The packaged version of Minecraft will release for Switch on 21 June priced at ¥3,888, with the Better Together update and Super Mario pack both included.
● Idea Factory and Otomate have totally committed themselves to Nintendo Switch with 12 otome games announced beginning with Hakuoki Shinkai: Fuukaden for Nintendo Switch with more to follow. Go for here the full list.
● Koei Tecmo Games officially announced Musou OROCHI 3 (Warriors Orochi 4) for Switch release in 2018 with the game featuring 170 playable characters.
● Arc System Works announced Tantei Jinguuji Saburo: PRISM OF EYES (Jake Hunter Detective Story: Prism of Eyes) for Switch, releasing on 09 August 2018.
● Inti Creates announced the next game in the Gunvolt series Shiroki Koutetsu no X: THE OUT OF GUNVOLT (Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX) for Switch.
● Inti Creates also announced an 8-bit style Bloodstained game Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon in conjunction with Koji Igarashi, releasing for both Switch and 3DS on 24 May priced at ¥980.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the second half of the Fruit Party with Katie event begin. Check out the completion screen here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes was updated to Version 2.5.0 with a free 4★ Takumi: Wild Card for each player. Full changes detailed here. New Heroes (Ares, Lene and Ishtar) from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War also arrived.
● Super Mario Run saw the Loads of Coins event has return until 25 May where winning at Toad Rally during this period earns you 1.5 times as many coins as usual.
● A limited edition gold version of the Nintendo Classic Mini: Family Computer to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Weekly Shonen Jump will release on 07 July priced at ¥8,618. Check out the teaser scan and full list of 20 games here.
● CoroCoro will deliver Splatoon news which impact will apparently ‘shock the world’ on 09 June 2018. Check out the teaser scan of the announcement here.
● Nintendo are recruiting for a level designer for The Legend of Zelda series including for events, dungeons, fields and enemies, although we don’t know whether the game is for Switch or mobile.
● In related news, a TRIFORCE videogame trademark application was made by Nintendo. Check out the actual application here. Thanks everybody for following and have a great week ahead!
Nintendo have opened up Customer Support from within the Miitomo app until 31 August 2018 at 14:00 JST with four options available (Enquiries, Feedback, Coin Balance and Refunding Miitomo Coins). Users are also available to Manage Account Information (via an external weblink) and change the Language and Region Setting. Nintendo also reiterate that “Clothing and/or accessory items acquired in Miitomo cannot be transferred to your Nintendo Account.”