Wednesday Update：Byleth Now Available in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was updated to Version 7.0.0 which adds the Fire Emblem: Three Houses protagonist Byleth. Check out the full patch notes here. The Fighters Pass Vol. 2 is also available on the eShop for ¥3,300.
● A Sensor Tower report have Nintendo’s six mobile games as amassing more than $1 billion in global player spending and a combined 452 million downloads. Fire Emblem Heroes is responsible for 61% of the revenue. These figures exclude Pokémon GO.
● Nintendo will update Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch in February, adding Working Memory Training, which will require players to remember the order that the symbols appear. Screenshot posted here.
● Sega announced a physical release (but with download code) for Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud Episode 6 Deluxe Package for Switch release in Japan on April 23 priced at ¥4,939. Check out the box art and limited edition’s pin badge here.
● Nippon Ichi said that Void Terrarium is experiencing stock issues and will be undergoing a second print run in Japan.
● Prototype announced a new print run for Summer Pockets should arrive in Japanese stores around February 7.
● Cosen announced that the Panty Party online mode will be delivered via a free update on February 6 in the announcement trailer here.
● And further details of the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Cindered Shadows side story have been posted here.
● Kairosoft will publish the ski resort simulation game Shiny Ski Resort (Kirameki Ski Hakusho) on the Switch eShop worldwide on February 6 priced at ¥1,500. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Alice in Wonderland-esque Wonderland Terrain options available. Image and prices posted here.
● Dr. Mario World will see the new stages pictured here arrive in an update on February 3.
● Dragalia Lost saw the brand new Monster Hunter Primal Crisis event begins with Hunter Vanessa, Hunter Berserker, and more! Check out the event artwork, adventurer profiles, and videos (adding a Japanese TV commercial) here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see the Mysthic Hero Líf: Lethal Swordsman arrive tomorrow. Check out the artwork and video for Líf here.
● Mario Kart Tour saw the Valentine’s Tour begin adding the new characters Baby Peach (Cherub) and Pink Shy Guy. Check out the tour trailer here.
● Weekly Famitsu review scores included ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove! with 29/40, Seek Hearts with 28/40, 198X with 29/40, and Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story with 29/40. Check out the full list of Switch review scores from Famitsu here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +120 (0.28%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,720.00 JPY. .
● New details of Pokémon HOME emerged yesterday and are posted here. Pricing is $2.99 (¥370) for 30 days, $4.99 (¥610) for 90 days, $15.99 (¥1,960) for 365 days.
● A Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Arcade Game video message featuring Sumire Uesaka here.
● A character gameplay trailer for My Hero: One’s Justice 2 here.
● A Romi Nakaza gravity dance video for the Switch version of LoveR Kiss here.
● A live action trailer for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 here showing the game’s online co-op multiplayer.
● A Japanese trailer for Cat Quest II here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!