Thursday Update：Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Arcade Game Launches, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Sega Games today launched Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Arcade Game at amusement arcades across Japan featuring 12 events and 4-player multiplayer. Check out the promo video here.
● Prototype announced that the romance visual novel Little Busters! Converted Edition will release for Nintendo Switch on 23 April priced at ¥6,050. Check out the box art here.
● Marvelous updated DAEMON X MACHINA to Version 1.3.1 with plenty of bug fixes from the full patch notes posted here.
● Arc System Works updated the official website for Kowloon Youma Gakuenki ORIGIN OF ADVENTURE with character introductions and more. The game is also now 85% complete. Check out the Koutarou Minakami figure here.
● My Hero One’s Justice 2 will be adding the fighter Kendo Rappa and a new Mission Mode which lets you make your own Hero Office (thanks Siliconera).
● So much eShop activity – go here if you want the full list of releases for this week. Japan will be receiving the first English language-only kanji learning software next week (30 January) with Greco’s Hall of Kanji Learn Japanese priced at ¥1,000.
● Regista are publishing the underwater Tetris-esque puzzler UORiS DX on the Switch eShop worldwide, also on the 30th, where you can preload it for just ¥495 (the full price is ¥990). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Pixelatto Games will be bringing the non-linear adventure game Reventure to the Japanese Switch eShop next week also where you can preload for just ¥390 (the regular price is ¥600). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Taito’s Puzzle Bobble-esque rhythm puzzler Touhou Spell Bubble releases on the Japanese Switch eShop on 06 February priced at ¥5,800. We previously posted screenshots for the game (here).
● A listing for KUNAI on the Japanese Switch eShop confirms the 06 February release date where it will be published by Intragames priced at ¥1,775. Boss trailer posted here.
● Inside System announced DLC for The Legend of Dark Witch next month with the “Day Stage”. Check out offscreen gameplay footage here.
● Three Kairosoft games received demos this week on the Japanese Switch eShop with Pocket Clothier, Oh! Edo Towns, and The Pyraplex.
● This week’s most notable eShop sales include 50% off Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (available for ¥1,990) and 50% off AI: The Somnium Files (available for ¥3,740).
● And this week’s preloads include Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers for ¥9,680, Touhou Gensou Mahjong for ¥3,465, Touhou Spell Bubble for ¥5,800, Chou no Doku Hana no Kusari～Taishou Tsuya Koi Ibun～ for ¥5,700, Voxel Pirates for ¥765, Reventure for ¥390, UORiS DX for ¥495, and Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story for ¥4,378.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Hamlet’s chilly cookie back in stock. Check out the special memory starring Hamlet and friends here.
● Dr. Mario World saw Stages 421 through 440 added to the game with Dr. Fire Peach one of the clear rewards. The Collect Clear Stars! event has also returned.
● Dragalia Lost saw Gala Dragalia begin featuring Luca (profile and video here), an interlude has been added to main campaign Chapter 11: Android Anguish, and the Lunar New Year bonus.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Mjölnir’s Strike: Counter phase begin and a new map, Mirage ♯Session, available in Tactics Drills: Skill Studies. Lost Lore begins on 25 February.
● Mario Kart Tour saw the second multiplayer test begin which is open to all players and includes both local and global online multiplayer.
● Check out this week’s full Nintendo-only software and hardware charts for Japan here with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild surpassing 1.5 million copies sold in Japan. This week’s Famitsu Most Wanted is also now live here with Animal Crossing: New Horizons number one for the 10th week. Ushiro still is on top of the Newcomers chart.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +210 (0.48%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,530.00 JPY.
● Marvelous Europe will be publishing Rune Factory 4 Special on the European Switch eShop on 28 February priced at £32.99 with a Swimsuit Day preorder bonus. A North American date hasn’t been confirmed at time of posting.
● Limited Run Games announced a physical release for The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories on both Switch and PS4 with preorders opening on 31 January. Check out more details at Siliconera.
● The Nintendo eShop preorder cancellation case against Nintendo of Europe has been dismissed in Germany as reports Siliconera. The German Consumer Protection Authority has filed an appeal after the dismissal.
● A Magnolia Town trailer for FAIRY TAIL.
● A trailer for UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r].
● The Japanese trailer for Murasama no Sword Breaker.
● The “SPECIAL COOL” route video for Uta no☆Prince-sama♪Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade LOVE for Nintendo Switch.
● The fourth gameplay introduction video for Ninja JaJaMaru Collection.
● The Japanese trailer for Stories Untold.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Valfaris.
● The 13th episode of the second season of the Ninja Box web anime.
● The launch trailer for the Steam version of Dezatopia with the Switch version coming soon.
● Two more Japanese trailers for FAR: Lone Sails.
● A Famitsu livestream for the Arcade Archives games Detana!! TwinBee and XX Mission.
● The Dragon Quest Builders 2 “Winter Keijiban Special Contest Result Presentation” video.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!