Thursday Update：Ring Fit Adventure Announced, Tokyo Game Show Day One, Super Nintendo World Rides, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo’s new gameplay experience for Nintendo Switch is the fitness adventure game Ring Fit Adventure which is seemingly aimed at the Wii Fit audience, although offering more traditional gameplay including the pictured boss battle! It releases worldwide on 18 October and comes with a Ring-Con, Leg Strap, and game for ¥8,618. Check out more details, screenshots, box art, contents, and video at this post.
● Success confirmed that the new Umihara Kawase game will be coming to Switch in Summer 2020 as Umihara Kawase BaZooKa!!. It will include online multiplayer and characters from the Doki Doki Poyacchio and Cotton series. Trailer expected soon.
● Publisher Pikii and developer Tamsoft announced the action game Hinomaruko for Nintendo Switch. Expect the first trailer in a few hours!
● Kogado Studio are set to announce Yumeutsutsu Re:Master After for Switch release next Spring. The package will include the base game and After Episodes DLC which can also be purchased separately.
● The KEMCO and City Connection strategy RPG Revenge of Justice will be coming to retail in Japan in 2020 and the first packaged software for Switch from Kemco. Interestingly, City Connection will be reviving the Jaleco name for the project.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see the Experience Before Youth spirit event in a few hours time. Check out images for the Legend-class spirit Dr. Wily and Ace-Class spirits Garon and Karate Kong, plus the full list of spirits, at this post.
● DAEMON X MACHINA is now available for Nintendo switch in Japan where it is published by the developers Marvelous. The game has received a Version 1.0.1 update at launch which fixes an issue causing the gyro camera controls to invert.
● DMM Games announced the action-strategy game Sea Salt for release on the Nintendo Switch eShop on 10 October priced at ¥1,944 with preloads now live. Promo video posted here.
● Canon’s announced a new action game BLOCK PLANET for Nintendo Switch at the Tokyo Game Show which looks pretty cool! Check out gameplay and a couple of screens here.
● The Japanese release of Untitled Goose Game has a name (Untitled Goose Game 〜Itazura Gachou ga Yattekita！〜)! It releases in Japan on 20 September priced at ¥1,980 and supports English!
● Teyon Japan will release the free Steam level DLC for Human Fall Flat in the Japanese market next week (19 September). Announcement trailer posted here.
● Taito announced that the upcoming Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! rhythm game will add DLC packs for both UNDERTALE and Dempagumi.inc.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Summon Showcase, Knights of Glory begin along with Chapter 10: Resurgent Despair added to the main campaign, plus a daily free summon event. CFeatured adventurer Lea, featured dragon Apollo, and introduction video posted here. Void Nidhogg and the Catoblepas Anemos are also appearing in Void Battles. Images posted here. Finally, the Wind-attuned adventurer upgrade event began where drop rewards obtained from Windmaul Ruins will be doubled.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the Long-Haired Swordsmen map added to Tactics Drills: Grandmaster and previewed Saturday’s lost Lore event. Check out the full details here.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate won five awards at the Japan Game Awards which took place on day one of the Tokyo Game Show. Check out the full list here. Other winners included Nintendo Labo and Dragon Quest Builders 2.
● In new information from Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan: it will have a Super Mario Kart Ride and Yoshi’s Adventures at launch with a magnetic interactive wristband. Launch is scheduled for Spring 2020 (source).
● Check out week’s full Nintendo-only JP software and hardware charts here with Super Mario Maker 2 at number one with 18,296 units sold and NBA 2K20 as the sole new Switch entry with 2,828 units sold.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by +480 (1.17%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 41,580.00 JPY. The IR Calendar added new dates with the Record Date for Interim Dividends for the 80th Fiscal Year coming on 30 September and the Six Months Earnings Release on 31 October.
● Frictional Games published Amnesia: Collection n the Switch eShop which contains three Amnesia titles: The Dark Descent, A Machine For Pigs, and Justine.
● Natsume announced that Harvest Moon: Mad Dash will release for Nintendo Switch on 29 October. Trailer here.
● And Killer Queen Black will release on the Switch eShop on 11 October. Release date trailer here.
● After several years of mainline entries on Nintendo consoles, Level-5 announced Yo-kai Watch 4 for PlayStation 4 in the announcement trailer here.
● KEMCO announced three new games although all are without platforms. They include the visual novel games RD and DMLC_R (the latter is a remake of the Wii U game ‘D.M.L.C. -Death Match Love Comi-‘), and the VR MMO game Syumatsu Senki 0.1.
● Watch the first promo video for the Monster Farm (Monster Rancher) port here.
● The first promo video for Little Nightmares II here.
● The announcement trailer and a promo video for Momotaro Dentetsu ～Showa Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban！～ here.
● A system promo video for the Kunio-kun game River City Melee Mach!! here.
● A Z-Chaser introduction video for the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (Rockman Zero & ZX Double Hero Collection) here.
● The announcement trailer for Shujinkou here.
● A promo video for BurgerTime Party here.
● An updated version of the main character cast promo video for Jack Jeanne here.
● The sixth (and all six) web anime episodes for Ninja Box here.
● Off-screen gameplay footage for the Switch version of Cotton Reboot here.