Monday Update：ARMS Party Crash Finishes, God Eater 3 Demo, Splatfest Results, Pokémon Home Trademark, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● After two years since launch, ARMS wrapped up perhaps the final of its in game “Party Crash Bash” tournaments with Min Min defeating Ninjara 53%-47% to take the grand prize. The game’s popularity has waned in recent months, especially since the launch of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, although sales were 2.10 million units as of 30 September 2018 which will likely be enough to warrant a sequel.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that the GOD EATER 3 demo will release next week (27 June) with a livestream on the same date with details on the latest update plus gameplay of the Switch version.
● The results of the penultimate Splatoon 2 Splatfests saw No Pineapple defeat Pineapple in Japan. North America saw Narwhal victorious with Grown-ups winning in Europe. Check out the results announcement video for the Japanese tournament here.
● The Pokémon Company revealed their World Hobby Fair Summer ’19 plans (check this post for the full details) and includes the latest information on Pokémon Sword／Shield.
● Level-5 also revealed their World Hobby Fair Summer ’19 plans with just Yokai Watch 4 Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale scheduled for the event. Check out the original fan and mini-handkerchief for booth visitors here.
● CoroCoro have uploaded a Yokai Watch 4 Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale manga here ready for the game’s launch this week.
● The preorder bonuses for Dead or School have been detailed on the Studio Nanafushi website.
● Eastasiasoft announced they will be localising the 2D action platform game Furwind on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (27 June) although no price yet. Check out the trailer here.
● TECOPARK announced that the Switch version of PICO PARK has outsold lifetime sales of the Steam version in just a week.
● Room6 have updated ARTIFACT ADVENTURE GAIDEN DX which adds an animation to the start screen, a loading notation, sets default name if name is not set, and fixes the boss error at Blood Tower.
● The BUSTAFELLOWS theme song will be NOVALIS by Kaito Ishikawa. Check out the cast announcement video here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw new Rose Goals available. Check out the full details here. The next lot of campers will be Piper, Klaus, Hippeux, Celia, and Rhonda. Check out the silhouette image here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: New Power (featuring Saizo: Angry Ninja, Kagero: Honorable Ninja, Oscar: Agile Horseman, and Elincia: Lost Princess) and Summoning Focus: Weekly Revival 2 (featuring Celica: Caring Princess, Delta: Free Spirit, and Genny: Endearing Ally) yesterday. Today saw the debut of the new Røkkr Sieges, with Røkkr including Eirika: Graceful Resolve. Every player too received 20 Orbs today.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd., Creatures Inc. and Game Freak Co., Ltd. applied for a Pokémon Home trademark in Japan for the upcoming cloud service. Check out the actual application here.
● Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari (Doraemon Story of Seasons) will be number one in Japan this week with 49 pts on COMG! Yokai Watch 4 Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale preorders are at 75 pts with Super Mario Maker 2 at 51 pts. GEO pointed at sales being high for Doraemon Story of Seasons both on the launch day and continuing over the weekend. Sales for both Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (number two) and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (number eight) picked up after Nintendo Direct: E3 2019.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by +120 (0.32%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 37,450.00 JPY.
● The latest UK charts saw FIFA 19 remain at the top spot. No Nintendo game was in the top 10 with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe the highest at number 11 (down three positions from last week).
● A Nintendo of America launch date commercial for Super Mario Maker 2 here.
● And a story trailer for DAEMON X MACHINA from Nintendo of America here.
● Character trailers for Ryoku Matoi and Satsuki Kiryuin in KILL la KILL the GAME IF here.
● Three more character trailers for Omega Labyrinth Life here.
● A feature demo #02 for Ookami to Koushinryou VR (Spice and Wolf VR) here.
● A stage 2 promo video for Dual Blade ~Battle of Female Ninja~ here.
● And Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu gameplay from baseball media Full-Count here.