Wednesday Update With New Smash Challengers, Taiko No Tatsujin In English, Dragon Quest XI Update, And More!
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Direct saw Simon and Richter Belmont, the pictured King K. Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus all announced for the game with amiibo coming too! Full Direct posted here.
● Bandai Namco updated Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! to Ver.1.0.3 improving loading times and adding full English support (to the Japanese version as well as the Asian!).
● Yuji Horii said that development of the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete “is going well” and that he hopes to give out more information soon with Tokyo Game Show likely.
● The September issue of CoroCoro Comic reveals that Mega Evolutions will be returning to the Pokémon Let’s Go games with teaser scans added here.
● Nintendo have updated Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze to Ver.1.0.2 where it has “Fixed an issue where after clearing stage 3-3, the route to stage 3-4 would not open. “
● Colopl’s Shironeko New Project is being developed by Eighting who have previously helped out on both Kirby: Star Allies and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
● Zerodiv strongly teased they will be releasing Taisen Hot Gimmick: Axes-Jong for Nintendo Switch in the near future, with the artwork posted here.
● Hamster today published both ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug 4 and Arcade Archives Kid no Hore Hore Daisakusen (Booby Kids) on the eShop priced at ¥823 apiece.
● Cosen will publish Behind The Screen on the eShop worldwide on 23 August priced at ¥1,000 in Japan. Latest trailer added here.
● PLAYISM will publish Kero Blaster on the eShop on 23 August priced at ¥980 with preloading now live. PS4 version trailer added here.
● Kemco will publish Fernz Gate on the eShop on 23 August priced at ¥1,080 with preloading now live. Promo video added here.
● Devolver Digital have just published Minit on the eShop priced at ¥1,000. Trailer added here.
● Team17 have just published The Escapists 2 in Japan priced at ¥2,150. Trailer added here.
● Dorasu have just published Extreme Poker on the eShop in Japan priced at ¥555.
● Entergram have published a demo for the visual novel Kimi no Hitomi ni Hit Me on the Switch eShop in Japan.
● Coconut Island Games will publish Shio in Japan on 23 August priced at ¥1,296 (preload price is ¥1,036). Trailer added here.
● Atypical Games will publish Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders on the eShop on 23 August priced at ¥1,100 with preloading now live. Trailer added here.
● And Indienova will publish Flood of Light on the eShop on 23 August 2018 priced at ¥480. Trailer added here.
● The Japanese 3DS Theme Shop added a Tuxedosam ‘Let’s Dance Together!’ theme, as well as a MikitoP ‘Kunoichi Demo Koi ga Shitai’ theme, and four Eve themes: ‘Dramaturgy’, ‘Oki ni Mesu Mama’, ‘Ano Ko Secret’ and ‘Nonsense Bungaku’. Picture and trailers added here.
● SystemSoft Alpha’s long-delayed Daisenryaku Daitoua Koboshi DX ~Dainiji Sekai Taisen~ has been put back again: this time from a ‘Summer’ to ‘Winter’ release window.
● Persona Q2 is currently 80% complete and will include 28 playable characters in the game (five at a time), and is a completely independent story in-spite being based on and around Persona 5.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the second half of Redd’s Summer Festival gardening event begin with 20 x white-iris seeds free for every player.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Daily Summoning Focus #7: Heroes with Blade Skills as part of Feh’s Summer Celebration. Starting Friday will be Special Heroes: Festival in Hoshido featuring Micaiah: Summer’s Dawn, Ryoma: Dancing Samurai, Elincia: Estival Princess, and Xander: Dancing Knight. Trailers added here.
● Nintendo of Europe announced a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Limited Edition with a copy of the game, a Nintendo GameCube Controller Super Smash Bros. edition and a Nintendo GameCube Controller adapter.
● Warner announced a Scribblenauts Mega Pack featuring both Scribblenauts Unlimited and Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure for Switch on 18 September.
● Ubisoft announced that both Child of Light and Valiant Hearts are coming Switch, at retail on 11 October 11 and 08 November respectively!
● Sekaiju no Meikyuu X (Etrian Odyssey X) was the best-selling game in Japan last week selling 71,946 with Pro Yakyuu Famista Evolution selling 42,846 and Made in Wario Gorgeous selling 31,018. Nintendo Switch was the best-selling hardware with 50,799. Full Nintendo numbers posted here.
● The latest My Nintendo rewards in Japan see 30% discounts for the Anker PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition and Anker PowerCore 20100 Nintendo Switch Edition from the My Nintendo Store. Pictures added here.
● This week’s Weekly Famitsu review scores saw My Academia: One’s Justice with 31/40, 20XX with 29/40, Mugsters with 28/40, Starship Avenger with 27/40 and Flashback with 29/40.
● Watch the Japanese introduction video of the team gameplay in Team Sonic Racing here.
● The gameplay trailer for NBA 2K19 here.
● And the launch trailer for Flashback here.